Thursday, September 20, 2012

In my red wallet



Years ago a man whom I looked up to told me that "when you want something it is only a wish, once written down then it becomes a goal." He even had a board which he pinned pictures of his goals to for all to see. He said it made him feel accountable for his goals.

After he told me this I started writing my wishes down turning them into goals. They have been big and small. My first list was on a little torn sheet of paper. It has been rewritten onto a back of a receipt and then another scratch piece of paper. Some of my goals go from See Celine Dion In Concert to Become a Mother.

If there is something I KNOW I will have to work for, plan for, strive for, my list is pulled out of my wallet and added to. As things get crossed off more is added. For my 29th birthday my goal of Sleeping in a Haunted Location was crossed off but since I have added 5 items.


Today a major item was added. I have been waiting for confirmation I will be able to pull it off because I did not want to set myself up to fail.

But this can be done.

It will be done.

And I can not wait.

It is time to pull out my wallet, get my list and write down…..

Donate my time overseas by bringing medical supplies and scrubbing surgeries for individuals who do not have access to modern medicine.

I have the organization I will go through and now I simply have to save my money (a lot of money...this one is going to take will power) and prepair myself to assist in surgery which will take place in a non ideal OR. Time to buckle down!

The universe helped me along the way through my education giving me the resources to receive knowledge. It gave me a gift. And now it is time I give back. I will give thanks by helping fix a child’s cleft lip or repair a man’s problem bowel which hinders him from working.

So now my goal is written down in two places, my mind is made up and having an unselfish goal feels fantasic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment