Monday, January 10, 2011

Down on the banks of the hanky panky. Where the bullfrogs jump from bank to banky. With the eeeps, ops, soda pops, the frog missed the lily and he went ker-plop


Today while driving home I pulled up behind a school bus and as I waited for the childern to find their way off I saw most of the windows had been turned into individual pieces of art with hearts, names, and squiggle lines. I then started thinking about my school bus window art.  My go to thing was to use the side of my hand to make tiny foot prints to make it look like a baby walked across my window.  Then I would turn around to find one of my friends sitting across from me to play a hand slap game and sing......

Miss Suzie had a steamboat, her steamboat had a bell.
When Suzie went to heaven, her steamboat went to
Hell-o operator, give me number nine.
And if you disconnect me, I'll kick your big
Behind the yellow curtain, there was a piece of glass.
When Suzie sat upon it, she cut her big fat
Ask me no more questions, tell me no more lies. The cows are in the pasture baking apple pies. 


When was the last time you thought of this song?
And why did our mothers let us sing it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment