Friday, August 21, 2009

happiness

I thought I would share a little of my happiness from today with you.

My sister is once again proving why she is one of the most thoughtful individuals i know. She took the initiative and set up a weekend to get my parents a much NEEDED vacation. She set it up for her precious boys to go to the lake with our parents for 3 days and she came out to the store to take my bosses place so I was not stranded alone. How freakin' sweet is she?! She went to work so her parents could have a break. Now this ladies (and maybe a gentleman) is a big heart.

But mind you she was doing this for part of the day. She made the coolest art aprons for her boys. love them!

After lunch we were talking about how we wished we had something sweet to eat and then out of no where an angel appeared. Well not really an angel more like a middle aged man who was carrying a plastic sac. "I own the restaurant, The Summit, and i had some left over home made cinnamon rolls. Would you like them?" he asked this like anyone in their right mind would ever said no!

We happily took the sac and told him thank you about a thousand times and then had a giggle at our good luck.

I was the last to put mine in the microwave to warm it up a bit and I have no idea why Michael and Sister were telling me to put it back and to not even waste my time eating it because they were already drooling from the perfection which was already in their mouths.

Okay Edmond folk if you are wanting an insanely yummy breakfast which will make you have to eat rabbit food for dinner check out The Summit on Waterloo.

We only have a few more days with the kittens. sad i know....i am going to miss these babies.... But how can you not be filled with pure warm and fuzzy joy when you look at them!

I took this picture this afternoon after I woke them from nap time.

One last thing which has brought me mass amounts of happiness today is.....MY NEW ROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodbye old orange roof, Hello brand new perfectly perfect shingles!!!!

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

What has brought you happiness today?

No comments:

Post a Comment