Friday, September 4, 2009

i feel it in the air

In 5 years i successfully found myself attending 6 different schools getting myself a higher education. no school or town ever really felt right......

first i took myself to stillwater.....blah town, in the middle of nowhere, never found my niche socially, only thing to do is drink, had to drive 45 minutes to just buy a new pair of jeans......needless to say I left after only one year. You can never say i didn't give it a fair shot. I waved my arm, shook my keys, and wore orange but it never fit me. You are either a cowboy or you are not. And I am no cowboy.

Now i took myself back to my hometown.....the school did not feel like "college" to me. I stayed one semester and never gave this school a fair shot. I bet if i would of done activities to be involved in the school i would of started to like it. But i did not stick around.....this lady was heading north!

Fort Collins, Colorado.....my love.....pure happiness....a perfect year of my life. I only have beautiful memories of my time in this hippie lovin' town. I attended a fantastic community college just south of town to save on out of state school costs. In my short time at the school i met some of the most fantastic people whom i still think about even 7 years later. (i met my twin. not just looks but life in general, but this is a whole other post) With a sad face and a heavy heart i left the Rockies to head back home where i belong...

and in true nomad style i found myself at two different small schools in OKC in between every semester.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Yet there was one university which made my heart flutter.
.
.
.
Somewhere i could finally call home.
.
.
.
The university which made me swoon has the 14th largest college stadium which rumbles like nothing you will EVER see.

The school, which had me at Hello, has fans which are born and bred. And they are pretty lucky since this school is known for stomping it's competition.

My first time to step foot on the North Oval i knew i found "My School!" No other college I had attended could even hold a candle to awesomeness which was my new campus.

The university which holds my heart has one game a year which might be more important than Christmas.

The football team isn't half bad either. Every season winning games, breaking records, and making everyone who wears Crimson and Cream proud! It is never "is it going to be a good season?" But always "how many records are we going to break this season!?"

This university finally stole my heart......

it makes it's student fill with school pride by just walking to class.....

...because how simply awesome their university is.

I am proud to say...... I am SOONER born, and SOONER bred, and when i die i will be SOONER dead!!!! Rah OKLAHOMA Rah OKLAHOMA Rah OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!! OKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OU i love you. Now go kick some football butt and don't forget about texas this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment